Sunday 8 March 2015

White..with 1 March Challenge

Hi there! This is my entry for the March challenge over at White..with 1. They have chosen Hemlock as their colour this month and it's just gorgeous!


I dipped a paintbrush into some Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist for the background behind the photo and a Zig pen from the Chalk Collection (shock horror! I didn't use a gel pen!) created a border for the layout. The Chalkboard Mist was also used to colour the family and border chipboards from A2Z Scraplets. The word family in the circle was coated in Heavy Gesso by Finnabair for that lovely thick white. This photo is one of my favourites, it's just a quick, dodgy one snapped with my phone in December 2013. Sam had unwrapped a present, put the ribbon around my neck and gave me a smooch. I love moments like these, don't you? :)


Some Kaisercraft embellies - rhinestone flourishes, resin flowers, and collectables from the gorgeous Blue Bay collection were added, along with a super cute Prima birdie.



I really wanted to have journaling, but I just couldn't get it to suit anywhere I placed it and then I realised it could work as hidden journaling! So I popped it behind the photo and voila, perfect :D


To create your White..with 1 layout, click here. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Until next time, as always... Keep calm and craft on!
Karyn

15 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful, love the chippie you have used and the flourishes too. Thanks so much for joining in with White With One this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I'm really happy with how it turned out. Looking forward to seeing next month's colour!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous take on this months challenge, adore those flourishes. Thanks for joining us at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania! It was much more of a creative process only being able to use one colour, I absolutely loved it!

      Delete
  3. I agree Karyn, using one colour makes you think a bit harder for sure. Love your layout hope to see more of your creative talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracey! I'll definitely be joining in more often!

      Delete
  4. What a great layout. You totally nailed the colour. I love the placement of everything and the border finished the page of nicely. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! I'm really happy with how it turned out, and am looking forward to the next challenge!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous take on hemlock! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at White with 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I really enjoyed this colour, looking forward to the next one!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous take on the challenge, and such detail. Thanks for joining us at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous page! .. you got the colour just right! .. Thanks for playing along with WW1 this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely embellishments. Stunning layout. Thanks for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete